Learn how to use Om Shanti Mantra for
peace of mind and serenity
Om Shanti Mantra is a prayer that promotes peace. If you are looking for peace of mind, relieve yourself of stress and increase harmony in your surroundings, this prayer is for you.
Before you can attain this peace, together let us make sure that this prayer is most effective for you.
This way you can obtain the most perfect benefits from it.
First, you must learn how to meditate with this Mantra for peace. Then, I will tell you about the dos and don’ts that will ensure that you do not make any silly mistakes.
Om Shanti… Shanti… Shanti…
When you recite the Om Shanti Mantra (peace Mantra), you chant Shanti thrice. Each time you say Shanti, you are released from different kinds of worldly pain and suffering, and blessed with peace, harmony and happiness.
- The first time you chant Shanti, you are freed from physical and bodily suffering. Negative thoughts about your body’s problems – illnesses, disabilities or diseases due to old age – are stopped.
- The second time you chant Shanti, your spiritual burdens are lessened. All the negative feelings of hatred, jealousy, worries, stress etc. are removed, and your soul is cleansed. You are one step closer towards repenting for your bad deeds.
- The third time you chant Shanti, you are protected from accidents and natural calamities. You are safe from natural disasters like earthquakes, snake bites and any other accidents.
Thus, the first Shanti purifies your body, the second Shanti purifies your mind and soul – together, and they bring about your spiritual upliftment. The final Shanti protects you from all untoward external coincidences and accidents.
Find more Mantras for getting Peace:
How do you meditate for the Om Shanti Mantra?
This mantra can bring you inner peace whenever you find yourself feeling stressed out or distracted from you goals.
Whether it is a small distraction in your daily routine or a big roadblock obstructing your long term goals, this mantra can help calm you down. Here is how:
- Sit comfortably with your hands on your lap or legs, and relax your abdomen.
- Concentration on chanting “Om Shanti Shanti Shanti….” Shanti (Peace) in your mind, the earth and the whole universe.
- Do not let yourself be distracted when chanting. Push away any thoughts that make you unfocused when meditating.
- When meditating, take a couple of minutes to let your thoughts disappear.
- Feel peace and quiet coursing through your whole body.
- When you change positions, you will feel happy and optimistic.
Remember that Shanti refers to peace of mind and also harmony with your surroundings. But before you can wish for love and happiness from external sources, you must find it within yourself.
Video for this Mantra
A List of Dos and Don’ts
There are many schools of thought that promote their own ways of chanting om Shanti Mantra. Here, I have listed the most common dos and don’ts that you can follow to maximize the effectiveness of this Mantra.
- Chant the mantra correctly with full care and concentration.
- Chant the Om Shanti Mantra each morning and evening during your prayer to focus better throughout the day.
- Chant this Mantra as needed – you can pray wherever and whenever you need some peace and quiet.
- Concentrate on what you are hoping to achieve when chanting so that you can improve your physical and mental well being.
- Trust and put full faith in your daily routine as you work towards your goals.
- Experience complete peace and happiness as you chant this Mantra with concentration and devotion.
- Recite this Peace Mantra before and after your prayers to add value and increase effectiveness.
- Continue to chant this mantra for long lasting peace and spiritual contentment.
- Do not question the power of the Mantra and try to apply logic or reasoning to understand how it works.
- Do not manipulate the syllables or pronunciation of the Mantra for your own benefit. Priests and seers may do this with their higher knowledge, but for us, the attainment of peace is the end goal.
Mediation and yoga can help balance your physical, emotional and intellectual forces. This harmony will give your body and soul the ability to realize the divine power of the Om Shanti Mantra.
Always feeling Peace…….